Thursday, June 11, 2009

1st Circuit Court of Appeals Reverses Michael's Conviction

Hi Everyone,

The news we have all prayed for and been anxiously awaiting as arrived. The Federal Court (1st Circuit of Appeals) has reversed Michael's conviction. Click to read the Court's decision.

I just got off the phone talking with Michael's appellate attorney and he is working on filing a motion with the district court to get Michael freed on bail.

As for any further appeals the Attorney Generals office of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has three months in which to file an appeal with the U.S. Supreme Court. It is unlikely the Supreme Court will take the case but one never knows. In the event the Supreme Court refuses to hear the case it's over and Michael will be a free man which as we all know is long overdue.

There will be more news forthcoming as I talk with Michael and his appellate attorney, but I just wanted to get the news out to you as quickly as possible. I will be sending out more news via this blog as I receive it.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and support for Michael, and I know Michael multiplies that thanks many times over.
Dick

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The truth has set you free (finally). Prayers & Karma have been answered, as well as common sense. Justice has prevailed.
I doubt that they would try to take this to the Supreme Court as it would expose their ineptness and/or corruptness. Besides, the SC has bigger fish to fry.
Mike, please start over in a new area as I am afraid they will be dogging you if you stay there.Whether it will be Capeless or the husband, I am afraid they will try to frame you for something else. Get out of Dodge and build a new life where your daughters can seek you out. We will make sure there is plenty of publicity regarding the reversal and your subsequent freedom. Hopefully there will be an admission of guilt by the true culprit.
Congratulations to all involved with a Very Special bow to the remarkable Dick Leb !! You deserve a special place in heaven!

Carol Weissbrod said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations, Michael.

Leann O'Brien said...

This is wonderful news!