Saturday, June 6, 2009

Letter to William Paul Young, Author of The Shack

Michael wrote the following letter to William Paul Young, Author of The Shack, a truly remarkable book.

May 26, 2009

Dear Mr. Young:

This is just a quick note to let you know that after reading "The Shack" I have been enlightened to yet another level.

Since receiving The Holy Ghost in November of 1989, I have been deeply involved with my spiritual walk. And though, I often speak in tongues to my Heavenly Father, I was delighted to see someone has finally explained God, Jesus, and The Holy Ghost on terms that a child could understand. I must commend you---excellent job!

Unfortunately, I am currently serving a 35-50 year sentence in prison for something I didn't do. Regardless, I will always love God, and I would never blame him for my demise. There obviously is a good reason my path led me down this road. Also, I have passed this book on to other inmates throughout the prison so please know Mack's story will touch many more even in the darkest of places.

In closing, I want to express how grateful I am that you were able to put Mack's story into such a wonderful and heart touching book. The name of Mack's daughter "Missy" was extremely meaningful to me because I lost my first true love at sixteen who I called Missy. It felt good to cry tears of hope and love. Thank you so much for touching my life. I wish you, Mack and the rest of the family a peaceful loving journey.

Love & Light
Michael O'Laughlin W80371
OCCC
One Administration Road
Bridgewater, MA 02324
www.freemichaelnow.com

No comments: